The cooperation, involvement, and personal support of students in a campus safety program are crucial to the success of the program. Students must assume responsibility for their personal belongings by rating simple, common sense precautions. The students’ awareness of their environment is the best place to start.
- Never prop open exterior doors to the exit, areas.
- Lock room doors even when you leave for a short period time. (Student Housing).
- Ask visitors to identify themselves before allowing them access to the building.
- Carry keys at all times and never lend them to others.
- Park cars in lighted areas, and keep them locked at all times.
- Conceal valuables.
- Report suspicious-looking individuals.
- Use the escort service. (Buddy system).