Diploma in Diesel/Heavy Vehicle Technology
The Heavy Vehicle Technology diploma program offers hands-on training in a realistic shop setting using modern testing equipment and specialized tools. Courses in this program cover topics such as:
- Diesel engine maintenance
- Major heavy vehicle subsystems
- Logical diagnostic methods and repair procedures
This program prepares graduates for entry-level employment in the modern heavy vehicle service center in positions such as bus, truck, and heavy construction technicians, and diesel engine specialists.
Students with Service Management skills may have the ability to advance more rapidly in the workforce or choose to start and manage their own business. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook, diesel or heavy vehicle technician jobs are expected to increase 9% from 2012 to 2022. Potential career opportunities in this field include:
- Diesel Service Technician
- Diesel Master Technician
- Diesel Specialty Technician
- Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Automotive Specialty Technician
Contact Advanced Technology Institute today for more information regarding our Diesel/Heavy Vehicle Technology diploma program.